We are your fellow citizens, and an integral part of the Central Virginia community. We are the Asian American Society of Central Virginia (AASoCV), a non-profit charitable organization [501(c)(3)] established in 1998.
Our membership includes the following Asian American Communities:
The Asian American Society of Central Virginia is a non-profit charitable 501(c)(3) organization established in 1998 to promote unity, harmony, and diversity in the Central Virginia Region.
Through various cultural celebrations and active participation in various community events and initiatives, AASoCV raises awareness and recognition of Asian heritage and promotes cultural diversity in the region.
The Asian American Society of Central Virginia promotes, strengthens and enhances relationships among the Asian communities as well as the Central Virginia Region by creating awareness and understanding of Asian American interests through leadership and advocacy.
Our goals are to:
- Advance integration of Asian Americans into the local community, while
maintaining ethnic traditions, culture and identity;
- Stress unity among diverse groups;
- Initiate charitable activities, and foster cultural exchange and civic
- Advocate equal representation as a minority group;
- Nurture a non-partisan atmosphere of cooperation; and
- Strive to secure and uphold civil rights and equal justice under the United
States Constitution and other laws of the United States for all
Americans regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, education,
profession, disability, or national origin.
The AASoCV welcomes membership from other Asian communities to join and strengthen the Asian American community in Central Virginia.